After reading a number of blogs this past weekend, I noticed that one common theme this year is career development. As I focus in on my own 2008 Career Development Plan, I am finding more and more great resources that will definitely help me achieve my goals. So being the wonderfully divine being that I am, I decided to share those awesome sites with you all:
- *CLICK - Ten Truths for Building Extraordinary Relationships: I heard this gentleman, George C. Fraser, speak on a popular talk radio show that I listen to on my drive home from work. Topic of discussion: Networking. He has a book out called Click and in the book you will find 10 simple principles that will help you master the art of networking.
- -If you are interested in purchasing the book, click on the Amazon link below
- *Business and Professional Women Foundation
- -Career Advancement Scholarship : Grants specifically for women who are continuing their education in order to advance their careers, change careers, or reenter the work force.
- *American Association of University Women:
- -Career Advancement Grants: Grants specifically for women who are continuing their education in order to advance their careers, change careers, or reenter the work force. Deadline for the 2008-2009 school year has passed but you can apply for the next year.
- *Management Help: Online library
- *Self Growth.com: self improvement website:
- -Access to numerous articles, websites, experts, and products
- *GCF Learn Free: free online courses
- -Math Basics
- -Money Basics
- -Computer skills
- *American Management and Business Administration Institute (AMBAI)
- -Online certificate programs (I listed a couple below)
- +Business Administration
- +Advertising, Sales, and Distribution
- -Tuition is about $37 per certificate program
- *iwant2b : online career mapping course (pretty neat)
- Divorce Get information of how to get a divorce online and avoid getting raked over the coals by court and attorney fees.
That is all I have for the time being. If you would like to share some good sites/resources, just leave a comment or email me and I will update this post to include your info.