HOME PURCHASE PLAN
The home I want:
Price: $0 -> $190,000 $180,000
Ideal Monthly Mortgage (including taxes, PMI, HOA, & hazard): $1200 (max $1300) $1310
Location: Surrounding Orlando Area Check
Bedrooms: 3+ 4
Bathrooms: 2+ 2
Square footage: 1700 s.f. + 1810 sf
Year Built: 2000+ 1998
HOA: $100/month max $150/yr
* A-rated school district Check
* Quick access to major highways Check
* Good daycare Check
* Nice neighborhood Check
* Shower stall Check
* Backyard Check
* Large kitchen with pantry and lots of cabinet space Check (I have TWO pantries)
* Large master bathroom Check
* Walk-in closet in master bedroom Check
* Garden tub Check
* Family room and living room Check
* New stainless steel black appliances (a girl can dream can't she!) I bought them myself
I only had to bring $5300 to closing since I had already put down the $1000 earnest deposit. My closing took about an hour. I got into an arguement with my agent about an hour before the closing. Oh how I wanted to smack the sh*t outta him. Still do.
My total monthly payment is $1310 which includes $216/month for property taxes and $64/month for hazard insurance. Due to a stipulation in the bank's addendum to the contract we had on the house, I had to redo my points and was able to lock my rate at 5% instead of the 4.875% as I previously hoped. I'll explain that what happened in my Dos and Donts.
I am currently in the middle of getting my house painted. I didn't want to unpack my boxes only to have to move everything again so all my stuff is currently in my garage. I wish I could have taken more days off. I have so much to do and so little time.
Alright I am off to bed.