Skip to main content

November End of the Month Report

It is that time of the month again! Here are my budget results for November:


November Budget Results
I have a surplus of $219.70. This is money that was allocated for my cc debt snowball but is now going to be used for my X-mas budget. As I stated in my last post, I was going to budget $250 from November and $250 from December to go towards X-mas gifts. I spent about $32 this past month on gifts. And now I have $219.70 remaining.

Income: I brought in an extra $100. A combination of income from my blog and Pinecone Research.

Miscellaneous:
My budget buster has redeemed itself this month. I was UNDER in this category by $12.37. Yeah Dimps!

Gas: I went over on gas by $9.77. Still not bad. I was able to work from home majority of the time this month. I also got reimbursed for business related travel I did in November. So in actuality I spent $179.77 in gas which $70 of that was reimbursed. Should I have counted that $70 as additional income and still captured the $179.77 in my gas category?? I didn't do it this way because I didn't consider the $70 as additional income and the two trips were unexpected to I had not budgeted for them. Calculations would have been the same either way.

Rent & Utilities:
I went over in this category by 17 cents. Not much to say there.

Groceries:
I went over my grocery budget by $22.48. I bought groceries for my mom when we down for Thanksgiving. I still did pretty good in this category.

Car Note & Insurance:
My new life insurance policy kicked in this month so my insurance payment increased a lil.

Daughter's School:
Under budget by $75.45. We won a Fundraising contest they were having at her school. We got a free week's worth of tuition. :-)


Debt: Went over my budget by $69.87. Since I was redirecting my debt snowball money to my X-mas budget I decided to pay more than the minimum on all my cards. I paid about $5-$10 more than the minimums.

CC Debt Snowball:
Not Applicable this month. Moner redirected towards X-mas Budget.

NET WORTH UPDATE


My net worth increased by $936.89. Since April 2007, I have increased my net worth by almost $11K. Not bad. And thats 7 months of work.

I didn't post any November goals but here is some major things that took place:

  • I canceled by travel agency. YTB ain't all I thought it was cracked up to be. I was given some misleading information by a rep. I used some unexpected money I received to fund this "business" venture. Yeah I know. I don't even wanna go into the foolishness that was this decision on mine. I am in the process of getting a refund.

  • Created a career plan for the upcoming year. Post coming soon.

  • Started my business plan. Post on that coming soon too.

Comments

VERY COOL! thanks for sharing with the world.. now if I could only make things work like you.
SavingDiva said…
I think you did a great job sticking to your budget! Especially with the Misc category...I call that my fun account...and it's always out of control!
Dimples said…
@ our debt

If you only knew the nitty gritty of it all. If you only knew......LOL

@ dream

Thanks girl

@ saving diva

Thanks chica. I usually blow the Misc category out the water. But thats because I was only budgeting myself $75 for the whole darn month!! After getting some comments on how lil my Misc budget was and going over that budget two months in a row I decided to increase it. Been doing pretty decent ever since.

Popular posts from this blog

My $100 grocery budget and tips for saving on your grocery bill

I did a post back in October on how I kept my grocery budget under $120. In that post, I had pictures of the grocery shopping I had done earlier in the day for a total of $29.76. I also listed a number of ways I keep my grocery budget so low. Today I did some grocery shopping for meat and some other misc items. Here is what I bought: - 2 packages of chicken breasts - 2 packages of drumsticks - 2 whole hens - 2 packages of chicken wings - 1 bag of roma tomatoes - 1 bag of onions - 1 bag of organic baby carrots - 2 gallons of water (not shown) - 1 bottle of bbq sauce Total = $24.90 One big way to save on groceries each month is to package the food you buy into servings sizes. Your serving size depends on how many people are in your family. I separate out my sizes based on how much food my daughter and I consume in one meal. Take for instance drumsticks: My daughter will eat one drumstick while I will eat two. So I package those in threes. I know some folks are visual so here is wh...

Yeah......

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life has been extremely busy. Trying to get used to the extra responsibilities on top of my existing overflowing list. I will try my hardest to post my do's and don'ts of buying a house tonight. Hope all is well.