Skip to main content

Its Tax Time!

Its that time of the year again.

Tax time!



I think this year I will do my own taxes again. One problem that I run into each year is remembering all the documents and information that I need to gather. So this time around I made myself a checklist:
  • - W-2 from Employer #1
  • - W-2 from Employer #2
  • - W-2 from Employer #3
  • - EIN and total amount paid from Daycare #1
  • - EIN and total amount paid from Daycare #2
  • - List of itemized deductions and receipts if applicable
  • - Student loan interest amount
  • - 1099-R for 401K distribution from Employer #2
  • - Information needed to claim 1st Time Home Buyer Tax Credit (gotta buy a home 1st)
So far I have everything except for the following:
  • - Information needed to claim 1st Time Home Buyer Tax Credit (gotta buy a home 1st)
I probably won't be filing taxes until late March or early April (before 4/15 of course). I also want to wait and see if there will be any new tax incentives from the new administration.

Are you ready for tax season?

Do you have all your documents or are you waiting on some?


Comments

{Kay Kay} said…
You had 3 employers? ...Thanks for reminding me. This week I'm gona have to do the shake down on a few places that didn't have their -ish together the first time I asked.
Anonymous said…
I'm still waiting on my student loan stuff and my IRA statement. Darn it. I am so ready to prepare and send this thing off. I overpaid, so I'm expecting cash.
Dimples said…
@ Kay Kay

Yeah girl. I started with my 2nd employer in June and then contract change took place in October and I started with employer #3. Same position and department.

Shake them down. Make sure you get all your info so that you can get your moola.

@ Sistah Ant

Who do you have for your student loan? I have Nelnet and I just logged onto my account and they had the 2008 interest information there for me. I could even print the form out. Check with your loan company and see if they offer something similar.

Popular posts from this blog

My $100 grocery budget and tips for saving on your grocery bill

I did a post back in October on how I kept my grocery budget under $120. In that post, I had pictures of the grocery shopping I had done earlier in the day for a total of $29.76. I also listed a number of ways I keep my grocery budget so low. Today I did some grocery shopping for meat and some other misc items. Here is what I bought: - 2 packages of chicken breasts - 2 packages of drumsticks - 2 whole hens - 2 packages of chicken wings - 1 bag of roma tomatoes - 1 bag of onions - 1 bag of organic baby carrots - 2 gallons of water (not shown) - 1 bottle of bbq sauce Total = $24.90 One big way to save on groceries each month is to package the food you buy into servings sizes. Your serving size depends on how many people are in your family. I separate out my sizes based on how much food my daughter and I consume in one meal. Take for instance drumsticks: My daughter will eat one drumstick while I will eat two. So I package those in threes. I know some folks are visual so here is wh...

Yeah......

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life has been extremely busy. Trying to get used to the extra responsibilities on top of my existing overflowing list. I will try my hardest to post my do's and don'ts of buying a house tonight. Hope all is well.