Skip to main content

2008 Goals Review

I had a GREAT Bday weekend! I spent time with my family, had some quality time to myself, did some shopping, and ate some wonderful Caribbean food. I loved every minute of it.

Alright! Lets get to the nitty gritty. Over the next few posts I will review my 2008 Goals and do a short summary of all major events (good and bad) in 2008. Once we get that out the way, we'll see what Dimples has planned for 2009. It will definitely be a year for GREAT things!



CAREER DEVELOPMENT PLAN FOR 2008 GOALS REVIEW

I am not going to list every single goal I had on this plan. Once I made the choice to basically "upgrade" to the next level of my career, about 3/4 of my plan could not be applied to my new position. So here is a list of what I did accomplish:

  • *Went on my first business trip to Shreveport, LA
  • *Became Lead Engineer on 5 separate projects
  • *Took a huge leap of faith and landed great job with client (and then successor)
  • *Same leap of faith increased my salary by $25,000
  • *Increased my knowledge of Access and databases
  • *Taught myself Relex
  • *Taught myself FMEA
Doesn't seems like much but I got a lot done. I'll post my 2009 Career Plan/Goal later this week.


2008 GOALS REVIEW

FINANCES

1. Eliminate CC Debt - 54% complete

I paid off $7000 of $13K in cc debt. Unforeseen circumstances led to a $3K increase in my cc debt. The huge salary jump allowed me to attack a sizable chunk of my debt and I hope plan to be debt free by February 09.

2. Double Emergency Fund to $6,000 - Done (kind of)

In October I had about $7000 saved in E-fund. $6K of that was used later on to pay off a chunk of my cc debt.

3. Car loan balance < $15K - Nope

Current balance of my auto loan is $18K.

4. Obtain $300K in additional life insurance - Nope

I was able to obtain an additional $75K in life insurance. I will look further into this later on this year.

5. Increase credit score to 700+ - Almost

My current score is 686. I am almost there.

6. Change to paperless billing system - Done

7. Find permanent hustle - Done

This blog is my permanent hustle. I also jump on lil things here and there.


CAREER/BUSINESS

1. Business - Nope

All my business goals are on hold. Once I get things ironed out with my career, finances, and buying a home, I will look back into it.

2. Increase salary by at least 5% - DONE!

I increased my salary by 50%. Take that! Take that!!!!

3. Look into investment/rental property - NO!

Please! Not in THIS market. Don't know what I was thinking when I added that on.

4. Network - Yes, kind of

I have been to a couple of events but not as much as I should have.


MISCELLANEOUS

1. Take at least 2 Out-of-State trips - Done

I went to Atlanta, GA last February with my girls and to Shreveport, LA on business. Yes I am counting the business trip.

2. Better time management - Ugh

Work in progress. I am getting better though.

3. Be more organized - Yes!

I'm a Capricorn so I am a master a this.


Not sure how to gauge how well I have done in this past year. Doesn't look good on paper but then again I am on a whole other level than where I was a year ago. I've done pretty good this year and I am very proud of myself. So is my daughter. And that is what really matters at the end.

I have a number of things I want to focus on this year and a lot I want to accomplish. I have the drive, I have the faith, I have the determination, and I have the intelligence. Once I concur my time management issues I will be a powerhouse. Play wit it if you want to!!

Look out for my 2009 Goals in the next couple of days.



Comments

I think your 2009 Career Development plan says it all. You increased your pay by $25k and kicked ASS!!!

Fabulously Broke in the City
Just a Girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver
Anonymous said…
Looks like you made some great strides - only one thing concerns me - get that e-fund up! So you won't have to run your credit cards back up if another one of those "life happens" events happens.
L. Marie Joseph said…
Writing down goals is easy, actually doing it is the challenge, seems like you did 80% of them which is good
Dimples said…
@ Fab Broke

I sure did kick ass!! Yay me!! LOL. Thanks chica.

@ Sistah

I know girl. I am debating on what I should do at the moment. Either I can go forward and pay off the remainder of this debt or I can start saving money. Only thing with the latter is that there is a possibility my E-fund would be depleted when I buy my house. So i'll be right back to where I am now.

@ Moneymonk

You said it! Yeah 80% aint bad. Aiming for 100% this year.

Popular posts from this blog

Home Purchase Plan - How I faired

Back in January I developed my Home Purchase Plan (HPP for short). I listed exactly what I was looking for in my new home including my needs and wants. I printed up my HPP and carried it will me everywhere. I especially took it with me when I went house hunting with my agent. I had a momentary relapse (I'll explain more on that on another post) but got back on track and stuck to my guns. I ended up with a beautiful house that fits all my needs and wants. HOME PURCHASE PLAN The home I want: Price: $0 -> $190,000 $180,000 Ideal Monthly Mortgage (including taxes, PMI, HOA, & hazard) : $1200 (max $1300) $1310 Location: Surrounding Orlando Area Check Bedrooms: 3+ 4 Bathrooms: 2+ 2 Square footage: 1700 s.f. + 1810 sf Year Built: 2000+ 1998 HOA: $100/month max $150/yr NEEDS: * A-rated school district Check * Quick access to major highways Check * Good daycare Check * Nice

Yeah......

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life has been extremely busy. Trying to get used to the extra responsibilities on top of my existing overflowing list. I will try my hardest to post my do's and don'ts of buying a house tonight. Hope all is well.