Skip to main content

Updates

SWEET PEA

Thanks to all who left a comment on my last post regarding school lunch versus bag lunch. This is the 3rd week of school and after trying out both bag lunches AND school lunches I have came to a decision: I will make lunch for Sweet Pea 4 days out the week and allow her to get school lunch on Fridays.


Reason: During a 3 day period I allowed Sweet Pea to get school lunch. Guess what she had? PIZZA each and every day. Even the 3rd day I told her to eat something else. Needless to say bagging it is the best way for me to ensure that my daughter gets a nutritious meal. And she actually prefers it.

WORK

I had my interview with the company that will be taking over the main contract come this October 1st last Monday. Wanna hear something interesting? I was interviewed by my current supervisor and her boss. LOL! They had there interviews about 2 weeks before and were offered the equivalent to the positions they hold now and of course accepted. Needless to say the interview went pretty smoothly and I hope to hear something in the next day or so. I have a lot of things I want to get started and a lot plans that need to be laid out. All of this of course depending upon my financial status. I am very antsy and hope these folks get back to me soon.


MONEY

Money is looking good at the moment. I currently have $4500 in my savings and hope to hit $6000 this month. I'll have a end of the month for August up hopefully soon (I know, I know).
I have been splurging justing a tad bit with my new found income. I have put a stop to that but damn it if I don't get the itch. ugh!

When my grandmother passed a month or so ago, I help my parents out by paying for their airlines tickets with the understanding that my dad would pay me back 3/4 of it. Well my dad decided to develop a case of amnesia and long story short I decided to charge the $1100 to the game and keep it moving. This of course affects the amount of money I was hoping to save up by October 15. Instead of the $9000 I was hoping for it looks to be more like $7800 or so.


MISC

Once I get a grip on where I will be come October 1st, I will be making some drastic changes to my 2008 Personal and Career goals, my monthly budget, and other aspects of my life.

My sister had her baby a week ago. Beautiful baby girl. She is too cute. Almost had me wanting a itty bitty one. ALMOST.


I'll be back on track soon.

Comments

{Kay Kay} said…
Funny after all that talk I did I've been packing N's lunch every day. Rachel Ray did a few kids school lunch ideas and it really inspired me to get mega creative. Plus we are converting back to vegetarianism. LOL. All we have is 1 lb. of hamburger then we'll be back in the game. Yes your god-son is being THROWN on the badwagon too. LOL

Again, CONGRATS on the job and new niece. What a wonderful year this has turned out to be! praise GOD (ps- call me sometimes)

Popular posts from this blog

Home Purchase Plan - How I faired

Back in January I developed my Home Purchase Plan (HPP for short). I listed exactly what I was looking for in my new home including my needs and wants. I printed up my HPP and carried it will me everywhere. I especially took it with me when I went house hunting with my agent. I had a momentary relapse (I'll explain more on that on another post) but got back on track and stuck to my guns. I ended up with a beautiful house that fits all my needs and wants. HOME PURCHASE PLAN The home I want: Price: $0 -> $190,000 $180,000 Ideal Monthly Mortgage (including taxes, PMI, HOA, & hazard) : $1200 (max $1300) $1310 Location: Surrounding Orlando Area Check Bedrooms: 3+ 4 Bathrooms: 2+ 2 Square footage: 1700 s.f. + 1810 sf Year Built: 2000+ 1998 HOA: $100/month max $150/yr NEEDS: * A-rated school district Check * Quick access to major highways Check * Good daycare Check * Nice

Yeah......

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life has been extremely busy. Trying to get used to the extra responsibilities on top of my existing overflowing list. I will try my hardest to post my do's and don'ts of buying a house tonight. Hope all is well.