A lot of things have been taking place Dimples' world. I am going to try and sum up some of the what's been going on in this post.
Finances were looking a little fuzzy for a moment but I do believe that I see a light shining at the end of my debt tunnel. I'll go into a little more detail on the shining light on another post. I was hoping that the summer would be real chill and inexpensive but that turned out to be big fat negative. Here is what I have had to spend in the past month:
- -$40 for swimming lessons (went through the my city's park and rec department)
- -$140 for summer camp registration
- -$77 for before and after care registration for school starting in the fall
- -$100 and counting for school uniform
- -$50 for school supplies
- -$75 for summer clothing (bathing suits, shorts, tanks.....Florida is hot as hell)
- -$300 for items for brother's dorm
- TOTAL = $782 and counting
I traveled to Shreveport, LA on business and was there for three days. I flew for the first time in 13 years.......and I almost passed from the fright. Luckily I had some wonderful seat mates who I conversed with me the each flight. I was there for 3 days and got some Louisiana cooking from a restaurant down the street from my hotel. Shrimp ducky was off the chain!
Work has been crazy. So much politics going on. The contract we are on is ending this September. My employer does not know if he will have enough work to sustain all his employees. We have had two meeting were he basically told us to get our resumes ready. So I did.........and received a job offer this afternoon.
Ya girl just increased her salary by $25,000!! Yeah..........I am so not kidding. This topic deserves a post of it's own. To be continued..............