Skip to main content

The Job Offer

Here is a little insight into what has been going on at my job. Hopefully it won't be too hard to follow:

I work for a consulting engineering company that relies on contract work. We currently work a number of different contracts. Our biggest client is a major company out at NASA. That company's contract with NASA ends on September 30 (we will call this day Dooms Day) on this year and so does our contract with them. My employer joined some different companies on 3 major contracts that were being bid on. None of the companies we joined with won. So at the present moment we are in shits creek. My employer is trying desperately to pull some work from the winning companies but no bites as of yet. If Dooms Day comes (and even before then) and they haven't managed to secure any additional work, they will not have enough work and money to go around. Layoffs will then be inevitable. In the past two staff meeting the president basically told us to get our resumes ready.

For the past month or so, one of our clients has, on a number of occasions, mentioned to me that they had an opening in their department and that I should apply for it. He and his manager were very impressed with the work that I had been doing for them for the past 2 years and felt that I would be a tremendous asset to there department. I never really paid him any mind because I sincerely believed that my job was secure with the company that I am presently with. Well I wizened up and the next time he mentioned the opening I hopped on it and let him know that I would entertain a possible position with them. Two days later the director of that particular department contacted me. I asked for information on the position like salary, responsibilities, benefits, etc. The position was for a Reliability Engineer. Salary range was between $62K-$82K. Benefits are niicceee. Works hours are 7-3 and has some flexibility.

They accepted my salary request of $73,000. My coworker/friend says that I should have went higher but I didn't want to be greedy. I should receive an official offer tomorrow. I plan on speaking with my present employer on Monday to give my two week notice.

WOW!!!!! You don't even understand how I feel at the present moment. I am just thankful and blessed. This ain't nothing but God. I have been praying about my job situation for a while and this is what he does. WOW!!

I am both scared and excited at the same time. This is a huge career move for me and a huge salary increase. It is nothing but upward movement from here on. No turning back.

You would think the blessings stop there but they don't. If I work this the way I have it laid out there is a possibility that I could have all my credit debt and personal loan paid off by mid-October.

I'll go into more detail after I receive and officially accept the job offer.

Stay tuned..........

Comments

laughing808 said…
Congrats, I hope it all works out for you.
Congratulations! God is good. When He shows up He shows out right on time.
Congrats on the new job. Way to go!!
Dimples, this is great news!!! I return to your blog only to read this wonderful news. You deserve it girl!!!!
Anonymous said…
congratulations. i truly believe that God rewards those who show they are ready for more. thank you for inspiring me to be a better steward of my current resources.
Leslie said…
Wow, that's awesome.

Best of luck - you deserve this, and I look foward to reading more...

Oh, and welcome back, I've missed your posts. ;)
CT Mom said…
Congratulations! Good work gets noticed and rewarded ... you should be very proud of yourself!

Have a happy Independence Day!
Anonymous said…
this is AWESOME! congratulations! i can't imagine the joy you must be feeling right now. :)
Dimples said…
@ Everyone


Thank you guys. Thanks for sticking with me even with my absence. You all are truly my support system.
Jessica said…
That is so awesome! Congratulations! God does amazing work!

Popular posts from this blog

Home Purchase Plan - How I faired

Back in January I developed my Home Purchase Plan (HPP for short). I listed exactly what I was looking for in my new home including my needs and wants. I printed up my HPP and carried it will me everywhere. I especially took it with me when I went house hunting with my agent. I had a momentary relapse (I'll explain more on that on another post) but got back on track and stuck to my guns. I ended up with a beautiful house that fits all my needs and wants. HOME PURCHASE PLAN The home I want: Price: $0 -> $190,000 $180,000 Ideal Monthly Mortgage (including taxes, PMI, HOA, & hazard) : $1200 (max $1300) $1310 Location: Surrounding Orlando Area Check Bedrooms: 3+ 4 Bathrooms: 2+ 2 Square footage: 1700 s.f. + 1810 sf Year Built: 2000+ 1998 HOA: $100/month max $150/yr NEEDS: * A-rated school district Check * Quick access to major highways Check * Good daycare Check * Nice

Yeah......

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life has been extremely busy. Trying to get used to the extra responsibilities on top of my existing overflowing list. I will try my hardest to post my do's and don'ts of buying a house tonight. Hope all is well.