Skip to main content

Comment of the Day!!

I just received the following comment from Anonymous on my "Crockpot Recipe of the Week: BBQ Riblets" post:


"ok, seriously, WHERE are you shopping for this meat for so cheap? Do you hunt it down yourself? You dating a butcher? I'm impressed and thoroughly intrigued by your cooking. See, now i'm hungry...lol "


LMBAO!!!!

No I do not hunt my food nor am I dating a butcher. I am just blessed to be located near some very inexpensive stores. I bought the package of riblets on sale at a Dollar General supermarket (there are only 3 in Florida). I also shop at a farmer's market and they are also super inexpensive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My $100 grocery budget and tips for saving on your grocery bill

I did a post back in October on how I kept my grocery budget under $120. In that post, I had pictures of the grocery shopping I had done earlier in the day for a total of $29.76. I also listed a number of ways I keep my grocery budget so low. Today I did some grocery shopping for meat and some other misc items. Here is what I bought: - 2 packages of chicken breasts - 2 packages of drumsticks - 2 whole hens - 2 packages of chicken wings - 1 bag of roma tomatoes - 1 bag of onions - 1 bag of organic baby carrots - 2 gallons of water (not shown) - 1 bottle of bbq sauce Total = $24.90 One big way to save on groceries each month is to package the food you buy into servings sizes. Your serving size depends on how many people are in your family. I separate out my sizes based on how much food my daughter and I consume in one meal. Take for instance drumsticks: My daughter will eat one drumstick while I will eat two. So I package those in threes. I know some folks are visual so here is wh...

Yeah......

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life has been extremely busy. Trying to get used to the extra responsibilities on top of my existing overflowing list. I will try my hardest to post my do's and don'ts of buying a house tonight. Hope all is well.