I bet yall minds are so in the gutter right now. LMAO
I am talking about my goodies box. It's something I created this a few days ago and I thought I would share it with you all.
I received a few gift cards for Christmas and I also received some very nice coupons and gift receipts from a few of my favorite retailers for my birthday. Now I am overflowing with all these goodies and have no clue what to do with them. Well I actually DO have a clue I just don't want to spend them on frivolous unneeded things. I want to use them wisely. I had some other goodies lying around the house so I put them all together in a diskette box I had. I used index cards as dividers and separated all my goodies into different categories. Here is the current inventory:
- -$25 Macy's gift card
- -$10 Macy's gift certificate
- -$25 Old Navy gift card
- -$10 Old Navy gift certificate
- -$15 off $50 Macy's coupon (expires 1/31/08)
- -$10 Avenue gift certificate (expires 3/31/08)
- -40% off one item Avenue coupon (expires 2/29/08)
- -Free Dessert @ Smokey Bones (no purchase needed) (expires 1/26/08)
- -Free appetizer @ Bennigans (no purchase needed) (expires 1/31/08)
- -$5 off $20 @ Dollar General market (expires 1/15/08)
- -CVS rain check for Kashi cereal @ $1.99 each (2) (no expiration)
- -$50 AmEx gift card
- -$10 Lowe's gift card
- -$40 Staples gift card
- -$25 Wachovia referral coupon
- -Gift certificate for a 1 hour massage @ Oasis Massage
- -Gift certificate for a free box of contacts
If I am out and I think about going to Macy's shop I will have three options:
- 1. Either spend my own money that is already budgeted out.
- 2. Go home and get my Macy's credit card and accrue more debt.
- 3. Go home and get my Macy's gift cards and certificates.
Here are the following things that I really need right now:
- A good winter coat (all I have are Old Navy fleeces and they did not work against the cold weather we have been experiencing this past week)
- Jeans for Sweet Pea
- Pajamas for Sweet Pea
I know some of you all probably came into a good number of gift cards so this might help yall keep track of them and actually put them to good use on your road to financial freedom. If you have your own way of doing things then feel free to share.