Skip to main content

January Budget

Here is my January budget: As you can see I added the three new categories I mentioned in my December Budget post:
  • Dimples
  • Car Maintenance
  • Gym
January will be a test month for the new budget. The way I have things set up right now is that any extra income I bring in will go towards my credit card debt. The new categories have pulled $90 away from my CC Debt Snowball budget. Depending on how much of a tax refund I receive, the new categories may stay or go. If my refund is large enough to eliminate a huge chunk of that debt then the incorporation of the new categories should not delay my CC Debt Zero Goal of October 2008. If the $90 turns out to delay my goal in any way, then the 3 new categories will be removed and I will try to find another way to address them. I am planning to start my business up this year so any income I receive from that may come into play.

Christmas Goodies

After Single Ma's post about the Christmas goodies she bought @ 75% off for a grand total of $11.92, I decided to follow suit and go get myself some goodies. Here is what I got:
















Check out this beautiful table cloth I got from Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
















My damage was only $16.92. The table cloth's original price was $69.99 and I paid only $8. :-D I did pretty good. Especially compared to what I spent on this stuff at full price around Christmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Purchase Plan - How I faired

Back in January I developed my Home Purchase Plan (HPP for short). I listed exactly what I was looking for in my new home including my needs and wants. I printed up my HPP and carried it will me everywhere. I especially took it with me when I went house hunting with my agent. I had a momentary relapse (I'll explain more on that on another post) but got back on track and stuck to my guns. I ended up with a beautiful house that fits all my needs and wants. HOME PURCHASE PLAN The home I want: Price: $0 -> $190,000 $180,000 Ideal Monthly Mortgage (including taxes, PMI, HOA, & hazard) : $1200 (max $1300) $1310 Location: Surrounding Orlando Area Check Bedrooms: 3+ 4 Bathrooms: 2+ 2 Square footage: 1700 s.f. + 1810 sf Year Built: 2000+ 1998 HOA: $100/month max $150/yr NEEDS: * A-rated school district Check * Quick access to major highways Check * Good daycare Check * Nice

Being frugal pays off big time

I have been racking my brain over ways to furnish my house but NOT bankrupt myself in the process. I created a shopping list/budget for things I will need to purchase for my first house. Even after using sale prices for pieces at modest furniture and home decor stores, my total was inching a little over $7500. This includes all appliances, living room furniture, formal area, two bedrooms, dining, office, rugs, decor, and lighting. My facial expression ----> (Translation: "Good lawd dats a lot of money!!") So I started searching through sales papers, visited some furniture stores, and found different areas to cut back on. After recalculating the shopping list, my new budget is around $6500. My current facial expression ----> (Translation: "Uhhhhh....") Now I had only been looking at brand new furniture. I came across a website, Apartment Therapy , that I found very resourceful and pretty neat. I was inspired and started searching Craigs List