Skip to main content

My Wish List

Two days ago I started developing a list of things that I want. Not necessities but wants. Why?
Because I do want those things. Of course I am not going to acquire more debt in order to get these things. Dimples has wizened up when it comes to money. At least I'd like to think I have. My plan is to get things off my wish list one at a time, when they are on sale, using coupons (if applicable), and when I have enough in my Misc Fund. The money in the fund will come from my side hustles and any left overs in my budget at the end of the month. And I am still sticking to my initial constraints on that fund....debt comes first. This is like a little project for me. And it is going to be so much fun. With that said, here is my Wish List (in no particular order):

  • Camcorder
  • Living room set
  • Bedroom set for Dimples (mahogany/dark chocolate color)
  • Sleigh or Platform Bed (Dont know which one I want yet)
  • Shredder
  • LCD TV - 20in
  • Bedroom set for Sweet Pea (lilac or periwinkle in color)
  • LCD TV 26in
  • Dining room table set (mahogany/dark chocolate)
  • Desktop computer (just the PC)
  • projector
  • projector screen
  • Wolfgang Puck cookware set
  • Microwave (black)
  • Grill
  • Techie cell phone - Palm pilot or iPhone type (I am so tired of the cheap azz free phones)
  • All Tyler Perry's Plays that are on DVD
  • Transformers DVD
  • Why Did I Get Married DVD
  • Rolling File Cart

I bought myself the rolling file cart today at Office Depot. It was a two-tier cart and it was on sale for $30 (original price was $49.99). I received my $12 cash back reward gift card from Office Depot yesterday and I also got an Office Depot coupon in the mail for $10 of $30 about a week ago. :-D My total came to $8.56. This is the exact method I plan on taking with everything else on my wish list. I mean I may not get it for $8.56 but it will definitely be way less than its original price. And if I can't find a way to get it at an awesomely low price.....just means that its not time for me to buy that item yet.

This is a big change from how I was prior to getting financially smart. I would have just bought whatever it is I wanted. This time I am working towards it. That way I won't feel so guilty when I do bring my shopping home.


:-D

Night yall.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like your hustle, Dimples - great way to get that cart!
Dimples said…
Everyday I'm hustling! Everyday I'm hustling! Rick Ross ain't got nothing on me!!!

LOL

Sorry, had to do it.
Anonymous said…
Girl, you are on point with it.

Yesterday, I had the same kind of experience at Wal-mart. I haven't been able to use my shower because the shower head was messed up.

So, when I walked into Wal-mart, I was determined not to overspend. How about I found an energy-saving shower head for $3.00 - my goal was less than $5.00 - so you know I was happy, especially when I found out how amazing it works!

I said the same thing - I'm now going to SHOP WITH A PURPOSE, so I can get all my NEEDS and WANTS, but still avoid the single mama FINANCIAL drama...lol

Peace, love and blessings and, of course, keep it drama free.
Single Ma said…
Nice deal on the cart. That's how you work it!
Anonymous said…
Hey Dimples - THE List is a great idea. I think it will help you to prioritize your wants.

I've decided to do the same thing - only, I'm going to do a NEEDS list because I have sooooooooooooo many things I desperately need, but don't have the money. So, I'm figuring I'm going to prioritize my needs and a projected goal date to help keep me on track.

Oh, btw, I added you to my blog roll...
Anonymous said…
BTW, I just posted an interesting video on the site...for those with teenagers, please watch.
SavingDiva said…
Great job on focusing what you want...I frequently just shop to buy things...not necessarily things that I need or want...Plus, excellent deal on the cart!
Dimples said…
@ Everyone

Thanks yall. I can't wait for my next steal.

Popular posts from this blog

Home Purchase Plan - How I faired

Back in January I developed my Home Purchase Plan (HPP for short). I listed exactly what I was looking for in my new home including my needs and wants. I printed up my HPP and carried it will me everywhere. I especially took it with me when I went house hunting with my agent. I had a momentary relapse (I'll explain more on that on another post) but got back on track and stuck to my guns. I ended up with a beautiful house that fits all my needs and wants. HOME PURCHASE PLAN The home I want: Price: $0 -> $190,000 $180,000 Ideal Monthly Mortgage (including taxes, PMI, HOA, & hazard) : $1200 (max $1300) $1310 Location: Surrounding Orlando Area Check Bedrooms: 3+ 4 Bathrooms: 2+ 2 Square footage: 1700 s.f. + 1810 sf Year Built: 2000+ 1998 HOA: $100/month max $150/yr NEEDS: * A-rated school district Check * Quick access to major highways Check * Good daycare Check * Nice

Yeah......

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life has been extremely busy. Trying to get used to the extra responsibilities on top of my existing overflowing list. I will try my hardest to post my do's and don'ts of buying a house tonight. Hope all is well.