Two days ago I started developing a list of things that I want. Not necessities but wants. Why?
Because I do want those things. Of course I am not going to acquire more debt in order to get these things. Dimples has wizened up when it comes to money. At least I'd like to think I have. My plan is to get things off my wish list one at a time, when they are on sale, using coupons (if applicable), and when I have enough in my Misc Fund. The money in the fund will come from my side hustles and any left overs in my budget at the end of the month. And I am still sticking to my initial constraints on that fund....debt comes first. This is like a little project for me. And it is going to be so much fun. With that said, here is my Wish List (in no particular order):
- Living room set
- Bedroom set for Dimples (mahogany/dark chocolate color)
- Sleigh or Platform Bed (Dont know which one I want yet)
- LCD TV - 20in
- Bedroom set for Sweet Pea (lilac or periwinkle in color)
- LCD TV 26in
- Dining room table set (mahogany/dark chocolate)
- Desktop computer (just the PC)
- projector screen
- Wolfgang Puck cookware set
- Microwave (black)
- Techie cell phone - Palm pilot or iPhone type (I am so tired of the cheap azz free phones)
- All Tyler Perry's Plays that are on DVD
- Transformers DVD
- Why Did I Get Married DVD
Rolling File Cart
I bought myself the rolling file cart today at Office Depot. It was a two-tier cart and it was on sale for $30 (original price was $49.99). I received my $12 cash back reward gift card from Office Depot yesterday and I also got an Office Depot coupon in the mail for $10 of $30 about a week ago. :-D My total came to $8.56. This is the exact method I plan on taking with everything else on my wish list. I mean I may not get it for $8.56 but it will definitely be way less than its original price. And if I can't find a way to get it at an awesomely low price.....just means that its not time for me to buy that item yet.
This is a big change from how I was prior to getting financially smart. I would have just bought whatever it is I wanted. This time I am working towards it. That way I won't feel so guilty when I do bring my shopping home.