Skip to main content

Alternative way to cook that saves time

I wanted share with you guys a certain way I cook some of my food that has always been fast, efficient, and healthy. I have been doing it for the last 4 years or so. Just came to me one day. It's similar to the oven bag but without the bag. LOL. So a not-so-original idea.

I cook my food wrapped in foil in the oven. I do it with chicken or fish. I don't eat red meat so I don't know if this will work with it. I haven't tried pork either. The food comes out moist and delicious and it only takes 30 minutes for chicken and about 15-20 minutes for fish. You can add in any veggie you want.

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350. Take a round or square cake pan. Pull out a long sheet of foil and place it on top of the pan. The sheet needs to be long enough to fold over your food. Push the foil down inside the pan. Place the seasoned, defrosted chicken (any part) and any veggies (frozen, unfrozen, or raw) into the foil. You can also add potatoes or minute rice (I haven't tried regular rice but I'll let you know how it goes when I do.). Add seasoning if you haven't done so. Add butter. Fold foil over food and seal (pinch and fold) all edges so that no steam can escape from within. Put the pan into the oven. If your cooking fish, check in 15 minutes. If its chicken, then check in 30.


My food comes out delicious each time. You can try out different things and see how they cook. I don't know if this is a well known method or not. I get surprised looks every time I tell or show someone. If this isn't knew to you then ho-hum. If it is then...WOOOHOOO!!!.

Tee hee

Someone try it out and let me know how it goes.

:-D

Comments

Ms. M&P said…
I think I will try it out! I'm always looking for quick recipes--especially the ones where you can add left over ingredients from other recipes. This is perfect. Thanks for sharing!
Dimples said…
@ Ms M&P

Your welcome. I made salmon with rice and peas last night. I used regular rice. It took 25 minutes instead of the regular 15 minutes because of the rice. It still came out wonderfully good.
SavingDiva said…
I'll try it out...but I am a horrible cook!
Anonymous said…
We used to do this in Girl Scouts. They were called foil dinners. We put in ground beef patties, potatoes and green beans and cooked them in a campfire.

Popular posts from this blog

Home Purchase Plan - How I faired

Back in January I developed my Home Purchase Plan (HPP for short). I listed exactly what I was looking for in my new home including my needs and wants. I printed up my HPP and carried it will me everywhere. I especially took it with me when I went house hunting with my agent. I had a momentary relapse (I'll explain more on that on another post) but got back on track and stuck to my guns. I ended up with a beautiful house that fits all my needs and wants. HOME PURCHASE PLAN The home I want: Price: $0 -> $190,000 $180,000 Ideal Monthly Mortgage (including taxes, PMI, HOA, & hazard) : $1200 (max $1300) $1310 Location: Surrounding Orlando Area Check Bedrooms: 3+ 4 Bathrooms: 2+ 2 Square footage: 1700 s.f. + 1810 sf Year Built: 2000+ 1998 HOA: $100/month max $150/yr NEEDS: * A-rated school district Check * Quick access to major highways Check * Good daycare Check * Nice

Yeah......

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life has been extremely busy. Trying to get used to the extra responsibilities on top of my existing overflowing list. I will try my hardest to post my do's and don'ts of buying a house tonight. Hope all is well.