Skip to main content

My week from hell!

This week has been the most ridiculous, craziest, most insane week by far. I'll start from the beginning:

I had a big project due at work this past Monday. I have been so swamped with other projects that I put this one off to the last minute. Needless to say I didn't start crunching until Friday the 13th. So from Friday until Sunday night I had been working like a mad woman. About 25 hours worth of work. By Sunday night I am basically finished with my project. I save everything to my 1G flash drive and I turn off my computer. I wake up the next morning, turn my computer back on, and make some coffee. When I come back I notice that my computer is not recognizing the flash drive. Is something wrong with the computer? I mean it is 5 years old. So I turn it off and turn it back on. Still nothing. No worries. I'll just take my flash drive to work, pull the project up there, do the last finishing touches and send it off. Well the computers at work didn't recognize my flash drive either. Neither are my co-workers' laptops. Diagnosis: I burned out my flash drive. I had been working so much that I basically nuked the dang on thing. I lost everything! Two years worth of work. Last time I backed up my drive?.......April 21, 2007.

So now Mz Dimps has to redo this project and meet the now extended deadline of this Friday, all the while working on two brand new projects that just got put on her plate.

You would think that would be the end to the bull right? Naw man. Icing on the cake is when I came home on Thursday and find my computer dead. I took it to the Geek Squad and they told me that a power surge killed my power supply and toasted my motherboard. They couldn't even retrieve the information on my hard drive. And remember......I still have the project to turn in on Friday. So I have no other choice buy a new computer.

After giving as much thought as I could, I decided it would be best to get a laptop. Desktop were running about $900 and the laptop offers me convenience. Yes, after all that noise about a laptop fund, starting one, and then changing my mind due to the issue with my credit card debt, I wind up with a laptop anyways.

The laptop set me back $678 bucks. I just paid $500 of my credit debt off. To have that basically come back plus more hurt like hell. But what can I do? I need a computer. I can't work in my career without one. All I can do it keep trucking

*sigh*

I am trying to find ways to make some money back to offset the $ I had charge to my credit card. I had a flat panel monitor with my desktp that I no longer needed. One of my co-workers was looking to buy one so he bought mine for $125 bucks. There was a $150 mail-in-rebate on the laptop I purchased. I am mailing that out tomorrow. I have a subwoofer and speaker set that I no longer need so I am going to try and sell that on Ebay. Looks like I may be able to get abotu $25 for it since it is about 5 years old. I have a wood futon that I have been trying to keep a hold of. It's taking up a lot of room and I know I can get about $150 maybe $200 for it due to the type of futon and it's quality. So I will most likely list that on Craig's List tomorrow also.

So right now the damage looks like so:

Laptop = $678

- Monitor = $125
- MIR = $150
- Futon = $150
- Speakers=$25
________________

Remaining damage $228.

Doesn't look that bad. Hopefully the futon and speaker sale fall through. I am also contemplating redeeming my American express reward for a $250 AMEX card or cheque. If I can do that I will basically have offset the damage and wind up pocketing $22.

Well that's it from me. A sista is tired. I have gotten about 4 hours of sleep a day for the last week. I gotta make up for lost time. *yawn*

Dimps

Comments

Unknown said…
sorry bout the bad luck Dimples. I hope everything is uphill from here. Well as you see God is making a way for you to pay this new computer off. Keep your head up.

D.C.2
SavingDiva said…
I'm sorry to hear about your computer. Maybe you could try to do something like PPP to earn a little money from your blog. I just started with the program.

Popular posts from this blog

Home Purchase Plan - How I faired

Back in January I developed my Home Purchase Plan (HPP for short). I listed exactly what I was looking for in my new home including my needs and wants. I printed up my HPP and carried it will me everywhere. I especially took it with me when I went house hunting with my agent. I had a momentary relapse (I'll explain more on that on another post) but got back on track and stuck to my guns. I ended up with a beautiful house that fits all my needs and wants. HOME PURCHASE PLAN The home I want: Price: $0 -> $190,000 $180,000 Ideal Monthly Mortgage (including taxes, PMI, HOA, & hazard) : $1200 (max $1300) $1310 Location: Surrounding Orlando Area Check Bedrooms: 3+ 4 Bathrooms: 2+ 2 Square footage: 1700 s.f. + 1810 sf Year Built: 2000+ 1998 HOA: $100/month max $150/yr NEEDS: * A-rated school district Check * Quick access to major highways Check * Good daycare Check * Nice

Yeah......

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life has been extremely busy. Trying to get used to the extra responsibilities on top of my existing overflowing list. I will try my hardest to post my do's and don'ts of buying a house tonight. Hope all is well.