Skip to main content

Citibank, where is my money???

I am so ticked right now. I made an online transfer from my credit union checking account to my Citibank savings account last Thursday for $500. I received an email confirmation and everything. It usually takes 3 business days for the transfer to go through. But Citibank withdraws the $500 from my checking account the very next day (25th). Ok fine. I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is that Citibank still shows my balance at $151.10. WTF? It is now 4 days later from the date they withdrew the money from my account and still nothing. So I call them to inquire about my money. This dude tells he has no record of any recent or pending transfer on my account. OH HELL NAW!!!!

(breathe.....breathe.....breathe)

After I basically let him have it he proceeds to hang up on me. LOL. I don't even blame him. I can get a little nasty when it comes to people playing round with my money. *Grrrr* Anyways I call back and speak to the another rep. She was able to find the dang on transfer and it's status. Seems like it takes Citibank 3 days for the money to show up on their side. Even if they withdrew the money from your other account already. Does this not seem a lil awkward? I am not use to seeing money gone from one end and not show up on the other. Its always been either or. Either its still in my credit union account or it has been withdrawn and now shows up in my savings account. Never just chilling in the middle of space somewhere.

Oh well. I was told the deposit should show up tomorrow or Wednesday. I am not too happy with Citibank. Seeing that I have already received my bonus from them I may just close my account and open up one with HSBC or another company that is giving a bonus.

Dimps

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Purchase Plan - How I faired

Back in January I developed my Home Purchase Plan (HPP for short). I listed exactly what I was looking for in my new home including my needs and wants. I printed up my HPP and carried it will me everywhere. I especially took it with me when I went house hunting with my agent. I had a momentary relapse (I'll explain more on that on another post) but got back on track and stuck to my guns. I ended up with a beautiful house that fits all my needs and wants. HOME PURCHASE PLAN The home I want: Price: $0 -> $190,000 $180,000 Ideal Monthly Mortgage (including taxes, PMI, HOA, & hazard) : $1200 (max $1300) $1310 Location: Surrounding Orlando Area Check Bedrooms: 3+ 4 Bathrooms: 2+ 2 Square footage: 1700 s.f. + 1810 sf Year Built: 2000+ 1998 HOA: $100/month max $150/yr NEEDS: * A-rated school district Check * Quick access to major highways Check * Good daycare Check * Nice

Being frugal pays off big time

I have been racking my brain over ways to furnish my house but NOT bankrupt myself in the process. I created a shopping list/budget for things I will need to purchase for my first house. Even after using sale prices for pieces at modest furniture and home decor stores, my total was inching a little over $7500. This includes all appliances, living room furniture, formal area, two bedrooms, dining, office, rugs, decor, and lighting. My facial expression ----> (Translation: "Good lawd dats a lot of money!!") So I started searching through sales papers, visited some furniture stores, and found different areas to cut back on. After recalculating the shopping list, my new budget is around $6500. My current facial expression ----> (Translation: "Uhhhhh....") Now I had only been looking at brand new furniture. I came across a website, Apartment Therapy , that I found very resourceful and pretty neat. I was inspired and started searching Craigs List