Skip to main content

My weight loss goal (yes another non PF post...lol)

Why am I losing weight??? Well here are the top 3 reasons:

1. My health needs to improve.
2. My sister is getting married in 6 months.
3. I need to be more confident about myself and my looks.

I started on my weight loss journey on March 5. I began it with a detox. Of course this detox was not easy. It basically consist of eating nothing but fruits, veggies, and some starch for 9 days. And they can only be steamed, broiled, grilled, baked, or raw. No meat! No sweets! No alcohol! No fast food! No fish! Crazy aint it.Well I have learned that I aint gonna reach my goal without some sacrifice. Now I ATTEMPTED the 9 days. I only made it to three. A sista gotta have some chicken...........

The list below are foods ALLOWED during the detox period:

All fruits in any quantity
All vegetables in any quantity except:

white potatoes
avocados
Good sources of protein:
chickpeas
beans
tofu
lentils
Brown Rice (2 cups cooked per day)
2 cups of low-fat or skim or soy milk per day
Water (as much as you like)
Oatmeal (1 cup per day)
All herbs and spices
6 oz. low-fat yogurt (2 times a day)
4 egg whites per day
2 cups of herbal tea per day

If something is not on the list. YOU CANT HAVE IT!!! Period.

I also hired a personal trainer. Her name is Shellita Boxie and she is wonderful. I meet her for about an hour and 15 minutes every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. All other days I am required to do at least 30 minutes of cardio on my own.

As of March 30 I have lost 12 pounds.


My goal is 75 pounds by August 25 for my sister's wedding. I have a goal weight loss of 140 pounds over all.

Wish a sista luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Home Purchase Plan - How I faired

Back in January I developed my Home Purchase Plan (HPP for short). I listed exactly what I was looking for in my new home including my needs and wants. I printed up my HPP and carried it will me everywhere. I especially took it with me when I went house hunting with my agent. I had a momentary relapse (I'll explain more on that on another post) but got back on track and stuck to my guns. I ended up with a beautiful house that fits all my needs and wants. HOME PURCHASE PLAN The home I want: Price: $0 -> $190,000 $180,000 Ideal Monthly Mortgage (including taxes, PMI, HOA, & hazard) : $1200 (max $1300) $1310 Location: Surrounding Orlando Area Check Bedrooms: 3+ 4 Bathrooms: 2+ 2 Square footage: 1700 s.f. + 1810 sf Year Built: 2000+ 1998 HOA: $100/month max $150/yr NEEDS: * A-rated school district Check * Quick access to major highways Check * Good daycare Check * Nice

Yeah......

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life has been extremely busy. Trying to get used to the extra responsibilities on top of my existing overflowing list. I will try my hardest to post my do's and don'ts of buying a house tonight. Hope all is well.