Skip to main content

My Sweet Pea/Drama Queen

So today I decided to start teaching my daughter a lil about finances. She is 4 years old now and I am realizing she knows more about money and how it works than I thought. So with that said I have set her up on a weekly allowance of $2. Of course this will not be free money. She will have a list of shores to complete every Saturday and once she does them all she can get her allowance. I am going to buy her a piggy bank this week. I don't want the old fashioned one. Hopefully I can find something that is similar to a bank or vending machine. I will set up a savings account for her and we will make deposit every month or so. This will teach her abouts saving her money. And I think I will set up a day every two weeks for us to go to the store so she can purchase something with her new earned money. Only thing I need to figure out is what bank to open her account with. Needs to be one that is open on Saturdays so my sweet pea wont be overwhelmed by too many customers and can take her time making her deposits. This is gonna be soooo cute!

My daughter has two personalities. I swear she does! LOL. The one side is this innocent, sweet, and precious lil girl who I call sweet pea. The other side...........lord will work my damn nerves and has the sassiest mouth. That is when my sweet pea transforms into Mz Drama Queen. LAWD that side of her can work my dang on nerves.............*having flash backs*

Still debating on where to open my daughter's college fund or if I should even be worrying about one at this point. My BFF Karla Pea says I should at least wait until I buy my first home which sounds reasonable. We shall see.

Dimps out.....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Dimples

Just droppin in. Have you seen the piggy banks that Target and Toy R Us sell. They look just like ATM's and they keep track of how much money you put in them. I was going to get one for my nephew when I get some extra money
YOUniverse Bank
YOUniverse Bank the big daddy of them

This may be an idea. Also are you a member of a credit union. They are pretty good with kid accounts. Actually most banks offer some kind of Junior Savings with no minimum and no fees. Since some Credit Unions are closed on the weekends.
Dimples said…
D.C.

Great find! Definitely what I was looking for. I am going to go to my local Target store and see if they have any in stock. If not I will order it online.

Thanks again.

Be blessed

Dimps
Anonymous said…
Yeah get her ready because in kindergarten they do count money. It's great to not only start her saving but to TEACH her about how $$ works. What a great idea.
Morgank98 said…
I agree, this is a wonderful idea. The earlier than start learning about finances, the better.

Popular posts from this blog

Home Purchase Plan - How I faired

Back in January I developed my Home Purchase Plan (HPP for short). I listed exactly what I was looking for in my new home including my needs and wants. I printed up my HPP and carried it will me everywhere. I especially took it with me when I went house hunting with my agent. I had a momentary relapse (I'll explain more on that on another post) but got back on track and stuck to my guns. I ended up with a beautiful house that fits all my needs and wants. HOME PURCHASE PLAN The home I want: Price: $0 -> $190,000 $180,000 Ideal Monthly Mortgage (including taxes, PMI, HOA, & hazard) : $1200 (max $1300) $1310 Location: Surrounding Orlando Area Check Bedrooms: 3+ 4 Bathrooms: 2+ 2 Square footage: 1700 s.f. + 1810 sf Year Built: 2000+ 1998 HOA: $100/month max $150/yr NEEDS: * A-rated school district Check * Quick access to major highways Check * Good daycare Check * Nice

Being frugal pays off big time

I have been racking my brain over ways to furnish my house but NOT bankrupt myself in the process. I created a shopping list/budget for things I will need to purchase for my first house. Even after using sale prices for pieces at modest furniture and home decor stores, my total was inching a little over $7500. This includes all appliances, living room furniture, formal area, two bedrooms, dining, office, rugs, decor, and lighting. My facial expression ----> (Translation: "Good lawd dats a lot of money!!") So I started searching through sales papers, visited some furniture stores, and found different areas to cut back on. After recalculating the shopping list, my new budget is around $6500. My current facial expression ----> (Translation: "Uhhhhh....") Now I had only been looking at brand new furniture. I came across a website, Apartment Therapy , that I found very resourceful and pretty neat. I was inspired and started searching Craigs List