Skip to main content

I'm back!!

Yes indeedy!

I had a blast in the A. That vacation was long overdue.

For all those Atlantians out there:

We hit up Atlantic Station and M Bar. We ate at Gladys Knight's restaurant and I had some of the her famous chicken and waffles. It was off da chain. And while we are eating, guess who winds up sitting at a table right next to ours? Cedric the Entertainer!! I was so giddy but I managed to hold still and not bother that man while he ate. Steve and Monique were funty as hell. After the comedy show, we went to the Westin and straight to the top to have some drinks and dinner. Our last day we ate at Thumbs Up diner. We ended the trip by visiting MLK and Coretta's grave sites and visited the MLK museum. Wow! Talk about goosebumps!

On the budget front:

I tried and I tried but I did not keep to my $225 budget. I winded up exceeding it by $68.09. After visiting MLK's grave site and visiting the museum, I HAD to get some souvenirs to bring home. Good news is that I was able to cover that overage with the extra money I made. Here is a breakdown of what I spent:

Food & Drinks: $62.67

Clothes : $35.28

Hotel: $32

Gas: $45

Art Work & Souvenirs: $118.18

TOTAL: $293.13




My friends are planning on going to the Essence Festival in New Orleans this summer. They went last year and had an awesome time. This trip to ATL has given me the traveling bug so I am itching to go somewhere else and the N.O. would be great. I will most likely put my tax rebate towards that trip.


Comments

Even though you went over a little I'm glad to hear you had a blast! I'd love to make a trip to Atlanta, the closest I've been to going there is my layover in the ATL airport from Miami back home, LOL.
fandd said…
Sounds like you had a great time! I wouldn't worry about going over a bit. How many people can say they had a wonderful vacation for under $300! Now that is an accomplishment by itself.

Popular posts from this blog

My $100 grocery budget and tips for saving on your grocery bill

I did a post back in October on how I kept my grocery budget under $120. In that post, I had pictures of the grocery shopping I had done earlier in the day for a total of $29.76. I also listed a number of ways I keep my grocery budget so low. Today I did some grocery shopping for meat and some other misc items. Here is what I bought: - 2 packages of chicken breasts - 2 packages of drumsticks - 2 whole hens - 2 packages of chicken wings - 1 bag of roma tomatoes - 1 bag of onions - 1 bag of organic baby carrots - 2 gallons of water (not shown) - 1 bottle of bbq sauce Total = $24.90 One big way to save on groceries each month is to package the food you buy into servings sizes. Your serving size depends on how many people are in your family. I separate out my sizes based on how much food my daughter and I consume in one meal. Take for instance drumsticks: My daughter will eat one drumstick while I will eat two. So I package those in threes. I know some folks are visual so here is wh...

Yeah......

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life has been extremely busy. Trying to get used to the extra responsibilities on top of my existing overflowing list. I will try my hardest to post my do's and don'ts of buying a house tonight. Hope all is well.